18th- and 19th-Century British Women Writers Association
Travel Award Application
Due January 17, 2020
Texas Christian University
Fort Worth, TX
As part of its mission to encourage conference participation by early-career scholars and contingent faculty, the British Women Writers Association offers 4 travel grants to help assuage the costs of travel for BWWC participants. These awards are offered for the following categories:
- Independent Scholar/Contingent Faculty
- Graduate Student Travel Awards for work in the following periods:
- early to mid 18th-century
- late 18th-century to early 19th-century
- mid 19th-century to early 20th-century
Graduate students, independent scholars, and contingent faculty are invited to apply for a BWWA travel grant for BWWC 2020. The deadline for travel grant submissions is January 17th.
To qualify for a BWWA travel grant, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time graduate student;
- Be currently employed in a non-tenured, part-time, or adjunct position; or
- Have completed their doctorate within the last ten years and be unaffiliated with any university.
Please submit the following information as a single file attachment to Courtney Hoffman at email@example.com by January 17, 2020:
- A brief cover letter specifying:
- Award being applied for: Graduate Student Travel Award or Independent Scholar/ Contingent Faculty Travel Award and the period that best fits the project
- Information regarding your previous affiliation with the BWWA
- Anticipated travel distance
- Any other pertinent details of your employment
- A copy of your conference proposal
- All of the application documents should be part of one single attachment file.
- The attachment should be an MS Word doc or Adobe pdf.
- The file name should start with the applicant’s last name (e.g., smith_bwwcapp.doc).
- The subject line of the email should indicate:
- Award being applied for: Graduate Student Travel Award or Independent Scholar/ Contingent Faculty Travel Award
- Period that best fits the project